Paul Korda . com - The Web Home of Paul Korda, singer, musician & song-writer.

International Entertainment News

Friday, February 26, 2010

BANDIT Ponders, Will the Customer Ever Be Right Again??

BANDIT Ponders, Will the Customer Ever Be Right Again??

Copyright? What about consumer's rights?

COPENHAGEN, Feb. 26 /PRNewswire/ -- I don't know about you, but when I get a CD (let me say 'get' OR 'acquire' as I haven't bought a CD since God was a boy...), I take the following steps...start up iTunes and load the disc into my computer to add the music to my library.

I'm guessing that everyone does their own version of the steps above when they get their hands on a CD. Well be aware of this if you live in the UK;

"It is illegal for somebody to copy a CD or DVD onto a computer or an iPod for their own use. This copying to a different device is known as format shifting."

Really? Well the BBC article mentions that the law is outdated and is due a rewrite to take into account the way we all use CD and DVD media - but there is one point that stood out;

"..commercial operations are the focus of law enforcement."

Again...really? Who? Retailers? Manufacturers? IT companies? They get everything from us (the consumers) but what do we get from them???

Read the full blog post here: http://thisisbandit.com/?p=7995

The BANDIT Blog: www.thisisbandit.com/?page_id=216


Source: BANDIT

CONTACT: BANDIT, bandit@thisisbandit.com

Web Site: http://thisisbandit.com/


-------
Profile: intent

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home